Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans
This Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans is loaded with tender bites of chicken, celery, sweet grapes and toasted pecans all tossed in a simple curry dressing.
The recipe for this Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans is a keeper! It’s simple to make. It has a great mix of flavors. And it’s completely satisfying! It’s likely to become your go-to when you’re craving curried chicken salad!
CURRIED CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
- Cooked chicken breast (store-bought rotisserie chicken works fine)
- Red Grapes
- Toasted Pecans
- Curry Dressing
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SALAD
- Chop the cooked chicken breasts (you can use unseasoned store-bought rotisserie)
- Add the chicken and chopped salad ingredients (celery, grapes, pecans, parsley) to a medium size bowl
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and spices (curry powder and ground ginger)
- Pour the dressing over the chicken and salad ingredients and gently toss to lightly coat
There’s a little French bakery in Newport called “C’est Si Bon” that we’ve gone to since they first opened their doors in 1978. C’est Si Bon makes the best baguettes, croissants, cinnamon rolls, palmiers, cakes (Chocolate Mousse Bomb Cake is to die for) and sandwiches! One of my favorite sandwiches to order is their curried chicken salad served on a croissant. This Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans is my riff on C’est Si Bon’s curried chicken salad, and I think it comes pretty darn close. This is an easy chicken salad recipe to make. Cooked chicken, red grapes, toasted pecans, celery and parsley are all tossed together in a simple curried dressing. I don’t eat much bread these days, but I do love this salad between a sliced flakey croissant (from C’est Si Bon or La Brea Bakery).
MORE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 cup olive oil mayonnaise (or 3/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise and 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt)
- 2-3 tablespoons water (Optional if you like a thinner consistency)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- To roast nuts - preheat oven to 350. Spread the whole nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 2-3 minutes - then stir them. Bake an additional 2-3 minutes longer. Be careful they don't burn.
- Chop the chicken breast.
- Place the mayonnaise, ginger and curry powder in a small bowl and mix well. Add water for desired consistency.
- Add the chopped chicken, celery, pecans, parsley, and grapes to a medium size bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and fold the ingredients into the dressing to mix well.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.