Jalapeno Hummus is a delicious spicy hummus recipe made with green chiles, cilantro, cumin and garlic! It’s one of my favorite hummus recipes to make for snacking.
This spicy hummus is a classic hummus recipe with green chilies added to the mix giving this healthy hummus a ton of flavor. It’s a perfect dip for healthy snacking!
Spicy Hummus Recipe
If you’re like me, you’ll likely have most of the hummus ingredients on hand, except maybe for the fresh cilantro.
- Canned chickpeas (same as canned garbanzo beans)
- Mild Ortega chilies (canned)
- Lime juice
- Cumin powder
- Extra-virgin olive oil
How do You Make Hummus
This simple hummus recipe comes together in about 20 minutes minutes. Peeled chickpeas will give you a creamier textured hummus, but peeling the chickpeas can add about 7-10 minutes of prep time. I try to remove some of the skin by simply placing the chickpeas in a colander and tossing them with my hand while water runs over them.
- Add the garbanzo beans, chilies, tahini, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and cumin powder to a food processor.
- While the machine is running, slowly pour in the olive oil until creamy.
- Add a teaspoon or two of liquid (liquid from canned chickpeas or water) if you want a creamier texture.
- Pita bread
- Tortilla chips (I use this recipe for homemade Tortilla chips)
- Vegetable sticks (carrot, celery, jicama, cucumber)
- Cherry tomatoes
Looking for More Easy Dip Recipes?
- Homemade Guacamole
- Chipotle Black Bean Dip
- Skinny Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- Spinach Hummus
- Avocado Hummus
Jalapeno Hummus is a delicious spicy hummus recipe made with green chiles, cilantro, cumin and garlic! It's one of my favorite hummus recipes to make for snacking.
- 1 (15 ounce can of garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped mild Ortega chilies (about 1/2 of a 4 ounce can) - add the whole can if you like a little more spice
- 2-3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 - 3 limes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2-3 tablespoons water or more added as needed for desired consistency
- Add the garbanzo beans and tahini to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add chilies, garlic, cilantro and cumin powder to the garbanzo bean mix and blend until well incorporated.
- While the machine is running, slowly pour in the olive oil and process until hummus is creamy
- Add a teaspoon or two of liquid (liquid from canned chickpeas or water) and blend a minute or two longer if you want a creamier texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.
I’ve never heard of Pita Jungle, but I’m loving everything about this recipe. AND the presentation! Fabulous. Pinned.