Jalapeno Hummus is a delicious spicy hummus recipe made with green chiles, cilantro, cumin and garlic! It’s one of my favorite hummus recipes to make for snacking.
This spicy hummus is a classic hummus recipe with green chilies added to the mix giving this healthy hummus a ton of flavor. It’s a perfect dip for healthy snacking!
Spicy Hummus Recipe
If you’re like me, you’ll likely have most of the hummus ingredients on hand, except maybe for the fresh cilantro.
- Canned chickpeas (same as canned garbanzo beans)
- Mild Ortega chilies (canned)
- Lime juice
- Cumin powder
- Extra-virgin olive oil
How do You Make Hummus
This simple hummus recipe comes together in about 20 minutes minutes. Peeled chickpeas will give you a creamier textured hummus, but peeling the chickpeas can add about 7-10 minutes of prep time. I try to remove some of the skin by simply placing the chickpeas in a colander and tossing them with my hand while water runs over them.
- Add the garbanzo beans, chilies, tahini, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and cumin powder to a food processor.
- While the machine is running, slowly pour in the olive oil until creamy.
- Add a teaspoon or two of liquid (liquid from canned chickpeas or water) if you want a creamier texture.
- Pita bread
- Tortilla chips (I use this recipe for homemade Tortilla chips)
- Vegetable sticks (carrot, celery, jicama, cucumber)
- Cherry tomatoes
Looking for More Easy Dip Recipes?
- Homemade Guacamole
- Chipotle Black Bean Dip
- Skinny Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- Spinach Hummus
- Avocado Hummus
- 1 (15 ounce can of garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped mild Ortega chilies (about 1/2 of a 4 ounce can) - add the whole can if you like a little more spice
- 2-3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 - 3 limes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2-3 tablespoons water or more added as needed for desired consistency
- Add the garbanzo beans and tahini to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add chilies, garlic, cilantro and cumin powder to the garbanzo bean mix and blend until well incorporated.
- While the machine is running, slowly pour in the olive oil and process until hummus is creamy
- Add a teaspoon or two of liquid (liquid from canned chickpeas or water) and blend a minute or two longer if you want a creamier texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.