Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins
This Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins recipe is made with almond flour, honey, blueberries and lemon. These almond flour blueberry muffins are light and fluffy, easy to make and completely habit-forming.
This is an easy to make Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin recipe that you can pull together in a pinch! They’re low carb, high in protein, light and fluffy in texture and bursting with delicious blueberries!
You don’t quite get the lift…the height.. out of these almond flour blueberry muffins like you do when baking with white flour. But, you know what else you don’t get….you don’t get the heaviness….the weight… the sugar crash…that muffins made with white flour and sugar come with. Another upside to these healthy lemon blueberry muffins is the hint of lemon flavor and abundance of fresh blueberries in them.
These healthy lemon blueberry muffins are a family favorite! If I can’t find big juicy blueberries at my local health food store, then I’ll typically use organic frozen berries (Earthbound Farm are my fave). If you use frozen blueberries, it’s best if you don’t defrost them before adding them to the batter. And you’ll love how easy this healthy lemon blueberry muffin recipe is to pull together.
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Free range eggs
- Pure vanilla extract
- Lemon zest
- Coconut oil, melted
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Sliced almonds
Find printable recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Blueberry Muffins
- Preheat oven
- Fill muffin tin with muffin cups
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl
- Whisk together the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl
- Spoon in the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients and stir to combine
- Fold blueberries into batter
- Distribute the batter evenly into muffin cups
- Sprinkle the tops with sliced almonds
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean
These are the best healthy blueberry muffins to serve for breakfast, brunch, or just to have on hand for healthy snacking!
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Gluten Free Banana Muffins
- Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal
- Cinnamon Raisin Cream Cheese Spread
- Chickpea Crepes
- Best Granola Recipe
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 free range eggs
- 4-5 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (organic lemon)
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda and sea salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, blend the eggs, honey, vanilla, lemon zest and liquid coconut oil.
- Scoop the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients and gently mix. Be careful not to over mix.
- Add blueberries and gently fold into the batter.
- Fill each liner with batter 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the tops with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 6gSugar: 19gProtein: 12g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations. See full disclaimer on About page.