Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins
These Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins are made with almond flour, sweetened with honey, loaded with blueberries, have a hint of lemon, and are completely habit-forming!
GLUTEN FREE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
This is an easy to make Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin recipe that you can pull together in a pinch! These almond flour blueberry muffins are low carb, high in protein, light and fluffy in texture and bursting with delicious blueberries!
You don’t quite get the lift…the height.. out of muffins made with almond flour like you do when baking with white flour. But, you know what else you don’t get….you don’t get the heaviness….the weight… the sugar crash…that muffins made with white flour and sugar come with. Another upside to these healthy blueberry muffins is the hint of lemon flavor and abundance of fresh blueberries in them.
These healthy lemon blueberry muffins are a family favorite! If I can’t find big juicy blueberries at my local health food store, then I’ll typically use organic frozen berries (Earthbound Farm are my fave). If you use frozen blueberries, it’s best if you don’t defrost them before adding them to the batter. And you’ll love how easy this healthy lemon blueberry muffin recipe is to pull together.
GLUTEN FREE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE (What you’ll need)
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Free range eggs
- Pure vanilla extract
- Lemon zest
- Coconut oil, melted
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Sliced almonds
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- Preheat oven
- Fill muffin tin with muffin cups
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl
- Whisk together the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl
- Fold blueberries into batter
- Distribute the batter evenly into muffin cups
- Sprinkle the tops with sliced almonds
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
BENEFITS OF ALMOND FLOUR
- Rich source of vitamins, minerals and protein
- Great source of fiber
- Contains mono-unsaturated fats
BENEFITS OF BLUEBERRIES
The great thing about blueberries (besides having a great flavor) is they contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds that help to ward off major disease. You can read more here about the Benefits of Blueberries (there are many).
These are the best healthy blueberry muffins to serve for breakfast, brunch, or just to have on hand for healthy snacking!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 free range eggs
- 4-5 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (organic lemon)
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda and sea salt in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, blend the eggs, honey, vanilla, lemon zest and slightly cooled coconut oil.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until well incorporated
- Add blueberries and gently fold into the batter.
- Fill each liner with batter.
- Sprinkle the tops with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.