Cinnamon Raisin Cream Cheese Spread
Craving a bagel with cream cheese? You’re going to want to make this Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Cream Cheese Spread then. It’s creamy, delicious, highly addictive and tastes like a cinnamon roll. It’s my favorite flavored bagel spread to make and it’s always popular with a hungry crowd.
This bagel spread is a delicious blend of cream cheese, light brown sugar, pure vanilla extract, cinnamon, raisins and a wee bit of milk. It takes just minutes to make and it’s great to take to potlucks or to treat your co-workers with. It’s also a welcome addition to Sunday breakfasts, brunch and special occasions.
This amazing bagel spread is one of my favorite things to make for a Sunday breakfast or a special occasion. My mom used to make it every year for Christmas. We’d slather it on warm croissants and even left-over rolls.
Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Spread Recipe
This bagel spread uses just a handful of ingredients and pulls together in a pinch. Besides serving it with bagels, you can slather it on toast, English muffins, croissants and baguette as well. When I say it’s highly addictive, I’m not joking. It really is!
- Cream Cheese – We use cream cheese for this recipe, but you can also use mascarpone. Use plain unsweetened cream cheese. I like to use Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Brown Sugar – We only add a little brown sugar to add a hint of sweetness to the spread.
- Pure Vanilla Extract – Vanilla gives this spread the same delicious flavor that it adds to just about any baked recipe.
- Cinnamon – This adds a warmth and flavor of cinnamon roll to this cream cheese.
- Cream – You only need 1 tablespoon of cream or milk. You could use a vegan milk like almond milk or oat milk if you prefer. We add it to help blend the cream cheese and thin it out just a bit.
- Raisins – Use sun-dried seedless raisins for this recipe. We chop them fine so they’re flecked throughout the spread.
Find printable recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Bagel Spread
- Prepare cream cheese – Set the cream cheese out to room temperature so it’ll be easier to mix with the other ingredients.
- Add ingredients – Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, milk and chopped raisins to the bowl with the cream cheese.
- Mix ingredients – I just use a fork to mash and mix the ingredients together. If you prefer a fluffier spread, then you can beat the cream cheese first with a hand mixer then fold in the remaining ingredients with a fork or spatula and mix well.
- How to soften cream cheese – Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator and set out at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
- How long can it sit out – Like all dairy, cream cheese shouldn’t sit out any longer than 2 hours at room temperature. Pop it back in the refrigerator and enjoy it later rather than sitting out longer than 2 hours.
- Make More – This recipe can easily be doubled if you need to serve a larger crowd of people.
- Make it Low-Calorie – You can use a low-fat cream cheese if you like.
What I Love About This Recipe
- Simple to Make – This recipe comes together effortlessly in about 10 minutes. All you need to do is blend the ingredients with a fork. There’s no need to pull out a food-processor or hand-held blender.
- Prepare Ahead of Time – You can blend the ingredients ahead of time and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. The flavors will taste even better if the spread sits for a few minutes before serving.
- Delicious – The flavor is super tasty and highly addictive.
- Crowd-Pleasing -.This spread is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
How to Store Leftovers
I doubt you will have any leftovers, but if you do, scoop them into an air-tight container and refrigerate. It will last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I don’t recommend freezing it, as that will change the texture.
Looking for More Breakfast Recipes
- Mixed Berry Chia Seed Jam
- Baked Oatmeal
- Best Granola Recipe
- Banana Orange Yogurt Sauce
- Heart Healthy Overnight Oats
Still want more ideas? Check out all my healthy breakfast recipes.
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese or Mascarpone (I like to use Philadelphia brand)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cream (milk or vegan milk will work as well)
- 2 tablespoons seedless raisins, finely chopped
- Set the cream cheese out to room temperature so it'll be easier to mix with the other ingredients.
- Add the cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, milk and chopped raisins to a small mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash and blend the ingredients together. If you prefer a fluffier spread, then you can beat the cream cheese first with a hand mixer then fold in the remaining ingredients with a fork or spatula and mix well.
- How to soften cream cheese - Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator and set out at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
- How long can it sit out - Like all dairy, cream cheese shouldn't sit out any longer than 2 hours at room temperature. Pop it back in the refrigerator and enjoy it later rather than sitting out longer than 2 hours.
- Make More - This recipe can easily be doubled if you need to serve a larger crowd of people.
- Make it Low-Calorie - You can use a low-fat cream cheese if you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations. See full disclaimer on About page.