Detox Infused Water
Detox Infused Water is refreshing and delicious and provides a host of nutritional benefits (antioxidants, vitamins & minerals) while helping you stay hydrated. Fruit infused water naturally boosts metabolism, aids with digestion and stimulates the detoxifying process.
Drinking plenty of water is good for every cell in our body. Adding fruit infused water made with fruits, vegetables and herbs to your daily wellness plan can help boost your immune system, increases energy, aid with digestion, promote weight loss and more.
What is Infused Water
Any combination of fruits, vegetables and herbs immersed in water is what makes infused water. Infused water is also referred to as fruit infused water, fruit water, fruit flavored water and detox water.
Infused Water Benefits
With infused water – vitamins and minerals are pulled from the fruits, vegetables and herbs into the water, so you’re benefitting both in flavor and nutrition. Infused water has no calories but it’s rich with vitamins and minerals making it a perfect addition to your daily wellness program and weight loss goals.
How to Make Fruit Infused Water
Learn how to infuse water with fruit with these easy steps:
- Rinse and cut fruit
- Add the fruit to a large pitcher or glass carafe
- Pour water over the fruit
- Steep for 2-3 hours (overnight is best and more flavorful)
- Pour into individual glasses (add ice cubes if you like)
For best results slightly smash blueberries before inserting them into your pitcher or carafe.
Benefits of Drinking Water for Weight Loss
Drinking water to lose weight and improve overall health is a good habit to form, especially when there are so many infused water choices that make consuming water more entertaining. Adding detox water for weight loss to your daily routine will help suppress appetite, remove waste from the body and help burn fat.
- Water is a natural appetite suppressant: When the stomach senses that it is full, it sends signals to the brain to stop eating. Water also takes up prime real estate in the stomach, giving the feeling of fullness and thus reducing the feeling of hunger. Often times when we feel hungry, we’re really just thirsty. Dinking a glass of water before reaching for something to snack on can help reduce food intake.
- Water Helps Remove Waste from the Body: Water stimulates the kidneys to filter waste and toxins from our bodies. When we get dehydrated, our kidneys retain fluid. the body is dehydrated, the kidneys retain fluid. When waste and toxins build up in our system, we may feel tire and bloated, which may add a few inches to our waist.
- Water Burns Fat: Water is essential for the body to properly metabolize stored fat. The process of metabolizing fat is called lipolysis. Lipolysis is the body’s natural process of metabolizing fat by breaking down fatty acids quicker and uses them for energy. (1)
- Drinking Water Replaces High Calorie Liquid Intake: Drinking soda, sports drinks, alcoholic beverages, juices and sweetened coffee and tea can quickly add calories to your daily calorie intake.
Hydration is vital to overall health, yet drinking 8 glasses of water daily can be a challenge for some. Adding a little flavor and a little pop of color by drinking fruit infused water will help you get those daily 6-8 glasses of water consumed more easily.
Being dehydrated can have an adverse effect on your mental, physical and emotional health. Water is important for keeping our body functioning properly, and staying hydrated is one of the best ways to flush out toxins and detoxify the body. (2)
Water helps to
- carry nutrients and oxygen to our cells
- aid with digestion
- regulate blood pressure
- support and cushion joints
How to Drink More Water
Drinking flavorless water can seem like a chore at times. Here are a few tips to help you drink more water.
- Carry a water bottle with you wherever you go
- Treat yourself to a new pretty water bottle or an infused water bottle
- Add slices of fruit, berries and herbs to infuse and flavor the water
- Make pretty fruit flavored ice cubes to add to your water
- Choose sparkling mineral water over carbonated sodas
- Every time you finish drinking a glass of water, fill the glass back up
INFUSED WATER RECIPES
- Lemon Water
- Hydrating Lemon Cucumber Ice Cubes
- Immune Boosting Whole Lemon Ice Cubes
- Pomegranate Water
- Fruit Infused Turmeric Tea
- Cold Fighting Citrus Ice Cubes
Originally published 3.2018 updated 11.2019
- 1-2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 1 small cucumber, washed and sliced
- 2 large limes, washed and sliced
- 8 mint leaves
- 8 Cups filtered water
- Arrange the ice and strawberries, cucumbers, lime and mint in a large pitcher.
- Fill the container with water.
- Add more fruit and mint to garnish.