This Date Smoothie is made with dates, almond milk and frozen bananas. It makes a delicious vegan breakfast smoothie to start your day with.
Date smoothie recipe is a luscious mix of frozen bananas, almond milk and medjool dates. Perfect for breakfast, post workout or as an afternoon snack.
DATE SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This date smoothie recipe uses just three ingredients – almond milk, dates and frozen bananas. You’ll toss everything in a blender and blend until smooth except for tiny bits of date. You can add a heaping spoonful of peanut butter and some cacao nibs to this banana date smoothie to make it taste extra special and for added protein and antioxidants.
- Chilled almond milk (another nut milk or hemp milk work fine)
- Medjool dates, pitted
- Frozen bananas
- Natural peanut butter (optional)
- Cacao nibs (optional)
Directions: Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. There will still be tiny bits of date that are visible.
BENEFITS OF EATING DATES
Dates provide fiber, iron, potassium and B-vitamins, an lutein and zeaxanthin which is needed for protecting the eyes from developing macular degeneration.
SIMPLE HEALTHY SMOOTHIE RECIPES
- Chocolate Cherry Oat Smoothie
- Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Vegan Strawberry Cacao Nibs Smoothie
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (another nut milk or hemp milk work fine)
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 large frozen bananas, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons natural peanut butter (optional)
- 10 cacao nibs (optional)
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender or NutriBullet for about 30-45 seconds or until the mixture is smooth. It will be slightly thick and tiny bits of the dates will remain.