Quick and Easy GuacamoleYum
This is a Quick and Easy Guacamole to put together. Good guacamole starts with perfectly ripened avocados… which requires a little planning ahead. I like to keep my guacamole relatively simple and uncomplicated….adding only a few ingredients to enhance the flavor and texture.
As I’ve mentioned before…I’m not a big fan of tortilla chips…and unless I’m having company over for Mexican food….I’ll typically have whole wheat or nut crackers with my guacamole and practically make a meal of it. Avocados are so rich with nutritious benefits that it seems counterproductive to eat them with chips.
If you’re looking for a good Guacamole recipe…this one is a keeper.
Avocados offer anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. They have significant amounts of vitamin B-6 and folic acid, and monounsaturated fat (which is a good fat that has been linked to a reduced risk of cancer and diabetes). Avocados are great for your eyes, heart and skin!
Quick and Easy Quacamole
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 Haas avocados (medium to large in size)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice (you can use lemon juice as well)
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pit the avocados and scoop out the avocado meat using a large spoon.
- Place the meat in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the lime juice over the avocado and stir.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, onion, cilantro, olive oil and salt.
- Lightly mash the avocado, leaving large chunks.