Tarragon Chicken Salad
This Tarragon Chicken Salad is a classic that combines tender bites of chicken with celery, onion, parsley and tarragon all tossed in a delicious creamy dressing. It’s an easy homemade chicken salad recipe you can pull together in a pinch!
This Tarragon Chicken Salad recipe is a timeless classic favorite. If you don’t already have a favorite go-to chicken salad recipe, this one just might become it!
There are so many variations of homemade chicken salad recipes out there. Folks like their chicken salad either finely chopped or big and chunky. With curry or without. With grapes and nuts or maybe some raisins. But for this easy homemade chicken salad recipe, we’re keeping it simple. I’ve used tarragon here, but you could easily swap the tarragon out for some dill. I like to serve this simple chicken salad on lettuce leaves.
TARRAGON CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
- Cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- Olive oil mayonnaise
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh lemon juice
- Green onions
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Add red grapes
- Add finely chopped apple
- Add chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, cashews or almonds)
- Use dill instead of tarragon
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SALAD
This homemade chicken salad comes together in about 20 minutes. Even quicker if you use already cooked store-bought rotisserie chicken.
MORE LUNCH SALAD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes and Pecans
- Mexican Style Avocado Egg Salad
- Loaded Low-Fat Egg Salad
- Blueberry Chicken Salad
- Healthy Italian Chicken Salad
- Lighter Curried Chicken Salad with Mango
Originally published 2.2019 – updated 8.2020
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped (whites and light green parts)
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, blend the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and mustard well.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped chicken, celery, onion, parsley and tarragon.
- Stir in the mayonnaise mixture until well incorporated.
- Refrigerate before serving.
- Serve on sliced bread or toast for sandwiches or serve with celery and carrot sticks.