Summer Melon Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
This Summer Melon Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is a deliciously addictive fruit salad! It makes a deliciously refreshing salad to serve at backyard barbecues and brunches!
This fresh and juicy Summer Melon Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is a mix of watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew all tossed in a simple honey lime dressing and speckled with fresh mint.
BENEFITS OF MELON
We all know how important it is to drink plenty of water, especially during the warm summer months, but you can also quench your thirst by eating hydrating foods like watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew. Watermelon is also a rich source of lycopene which is a antioxidant found in red fruits and vegetables.
Watermelon contains more lycopene than raw tomatoes, and the redder and riper the watermelon, the better. As for cantaloupe, it’s very hydrating to the skin, giving your skin a fresh plump and glowing appearance. Cantaloupe is rich with vitamins A and C, beta-carotene and other carotenoids.
MELON SALAD RECIPE (What you’ll need)
MELON SALAD RECIPE (Variations)
- Add Blueberries
- Use lemon instead of lime for the drizzle
- Add basil instead of mint
When I make this Melon Salad just for myself to enjoy….I’ll keep the melon separate from the Honey Lime Dressing, and I’ll only add the Honey Lime Dressing as I go. Bowl by bowl…piece by piece. Sometimes I’ll take tooth picks and dip pieces of melon into the dressing here and there…just for a cool sweet fix. Seriously, sometimes I love this refreshing cold melon salad better than frozen yogurt…or any other dessert for that matter. Sometimes I’ll also toss a handful of pepits over the top of this salad – for extra crunch …and well…just because I like to.
Note – this recipe was originally posted in August 2015. I’ve updated it here with new photos for Pinning.
OTHER FRUIT SALAD RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- 4 cups watermelon, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups cantaloupe, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups honeydew melon, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup clover honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 heaping teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- Mix the honey and lime juice in a small bowl until well blended. Stir in the lime zest.
- Add all of the cut up melon to a large bowl and add the honey lime dressing. Toss to coat the melon. Place the salad onto your serving plate/platter then sprinkle the salt and mint over the top.
Easy Homemade Salsa Verde Recipe Next Post »
15 Irresistible Salads You’ll Want to Make Right Now