Summer Melon Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
Summer Melon Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is a deliciously addictive fruit salad! It’s one of those fruit salad recipes that’s you’ll want to make for backyard barbecues and potlucks!
This fresh and juicy melon salad is a refreshing mix of watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew all tossed in a simple honey lime dressing and speckled with fresh mint.
MELON SALAD RECIPE
- Lime juice and zest
Variations to this melon salad recipe:
- Add Blueberries
- Use lemon instead of lime for the drizzle
- Add basil instead of mint
HOW TO MAKE MELON SALAD
This Summer Melon Salad with Honey Lime Dressing is a quick and ea
- Made dressing: Mix the honey and lime juice in a small bowl until well blended. Stir in the lime zest.
- Cut melon: Chop the melon into bite size pieces. Add it all to a large mixing bowl and toss to mix it up.
- Drizzle dressing: Drizzle the dressing over the melon and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with mint: Sprinkle mint into the salad and toss again.
BENEFITS OF MELON
We all know how important it is to drink plenty of water, especially during the warm summer months, but you can also quench your thirst by eating hydrating foods like watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew.
- Watermelon is also a rich source of lycopene which is an antioxidant found in red fruits and vegetables. It contains more lycopene than raw tomatoes, and the redder and riper the watermelon, the better.
- Cantaloup it’s very hydrating to the skin, giving your skin a fresh plump and glowing appearance. Cantaloupe is rich with vitamins A and C, beta-carotene and other carotenoids.
- Honeydew is rich with potassium which may help maintain healthy blood pressure. It’s also a good source of folate which helps break down homocysteine which is linked to a reduce bone mineral density over time. Honeydew is about 90% water and it contains electrolytes (potassium, magnesium, calcium and sodium).
FRUIT SALAD RECIPES
Originally published 8.2018 – updated 8.2020
- 4 cups watermelon, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups cantaloupe, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 cups honeydew melon, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup clover honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 heaping teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- Mix the honey and lime juice in a small bowl until well blended. Stir in the lime zest.
- Add all of the cut up melon to a large bowl and add the honey lime dressing. Toss to coat the melon. Place the salad onto your serving plate/platter then sprinkle the salt and mint over the top.