Grilled Salmon Salad with Lemon Caper Vinaigrette
This Grilled Salmon Salad with lemon caper vinaigrette is a perfect summer salad – loaded with tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, Kalamata olives – and of course tender fillets of grilled salmon. It’s all tossed with a delicious Lemon Caper Vinaigrette.
HOW TO MAKE SALMON SALAD
- Make the marinade (1/2 will be used as a marinade and the other 1/2 will be used as a salad dressing)
- Marinade the salmon fillets
- Grill (or sear) the salmon
- Toss the salad ingredients together
- Top the salad with salmon (whole, sliced or cut into pieces)
- Drizzle the salmon with extra dressing
- Use chicken instead of salmon
- Add chickpeas
- Add red onion
- Add pepperoncini
- Add feta instead of extra parmesan cheese
- Add artichoke hearts
BENEFITS OF SALMON
- Salmon is rich with heart-healthy Omega-3 fat (which is associated with a decreased risk of cardiovascular problems, such as heart attacks, strokes, heart arrhythmias, high blood pressure, and high triglycerides circulating in the blood.
- These benefits are best obtained when omega 3 rich fish is consumed 2 – 3 times a week.
- Omega 3s are also know to improve cognitive function, improve mood, offer joint protection, promote eye health, and a decreased risk in certain types of cancer.
HEALTHY SALAD RECIPES
- Crunchy Detox Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Fried Chicken Chopped Salad
- Greek Chopped Salad
- Mexican Salad Recipe
- Chicken Avocado Chopped Salad
- For the Marinade/Dressing
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- For the Salad
- 1 large head (about 4 cups) Romaine lettuce leaves, rinsed, dried and chopped or torn
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets
- Serve with lemon wedges
For the Marinade/Dressing
- Add all of the ingredients except the parmesan cheese to a blender and blend well.
- Pour out half of the marinade into a large, shallow dish or a large ziplock plastic bag.
- Add the parmesan cheese and continue to blend the remaining dressing until well blended.
- Pour the unused dressing into a mason jar and refrigerate before using.
- Coat the salmon with the marinade and marinade for 15-30 minutes.
- Discard marinade after use.
For the Salad
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Sear salmon on both sides until cooked to your liking.
- While salmon is cooking, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large serving bowl.
- Slice salmon and arrange over salad.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
- Sprinkle with extra grated parmesan cheese
- Add freshly ground black pepper
- Serve with lemon wedges.