Grilled Salmon Salad
I have the perfect summer salad for you! This Grilled Salmon Salad recipe is a delicious combo of Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, Kalamata olives and tender fillets of grilled salmon. You will love the delicious Lemon Caper Vinaigrette that we toss it all with!
This Grilled Salmon Salad recipe is fresh, healthy and so delicious. It makes an easy meal- in-a-bowl recipe that comes together in a pinch. The lemon vinaigrette recipe doubles as a marinade.
Grilled Salmon Salad Recipe
- Marinade – A combination of garlic, capers, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil and Parmesan cheese. We use half of this to marinate the salmon with and the other half to dress the salad with.
- Romaine lettuce – We use Romaine lettuce for this salad because it’s a good sturdy and crunchy lettuce
- Cucumber – Adds a nice crunch
- Tomatoes – We use cherry tomatoes for this salad
- Avocado – Adds a nice creamy texture to the salad and it goes so well with salmon
- Kalamata olives – Adds a nice salty flavor to the mix
- Salmon fillets – Perfectly marinated and grilled to perfection makes this salad so delicious
- Lemon – We serve this salad with lemon wedges
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Salmon Salad
- Make the marinade (1/2 will be used as a marinade and the other 1/2 will be used as a salad dressing)
- Marinade the salmon fillets
- Grill (or sear) the salmon
- Toss the salad ingredients together
- Top the salad with salmon (whole, sliced or cut into pieces)
- Drizzle the salmon with extra dressing
- Use chicken instead of salmon
- Add chickpeas
- Add red onion
- Add pepperoncini
- Add feta instead of extra parmesan cheese
Benefits of Salmon
- Salmon is rich with heart-healthy Omega-3 fat (which is associated with a decreased risk of cardiovascular problems, such as heart attacks, strokes, heart arrhythmias, high blood pressure, and high triglycerides circulating in the blood.
- These benefits are best obtained when omega 3 rich fish is consumed 2 – 3 times a week.
- Omega 3s are also know to improve cognitive function, improve mood, offer joint protection and promote eye health.
Looking for More Healthy Salad Recipes to Make?
- Crunchy Detox Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Fried Chicken Salad
- Greek Chopped Salad
- Mexican Salad Recipe
- Chicken Avocado Chopped Salad
Still want more ideas? Check out all my healthy salad recipes.
- For the Marinade and Dressing
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
For the Salad
- 1 large head (about 4 cups) Romaine lettuce leaves, rinsed, dried and chopped or torn
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets
- Serve with lemon wedges
For the Marinade/Dressing
- Add all of the ingredients except the parmesan cheese to a blender and blend well.
- Pour out half of the marinade into a large shallow dish or a large ziplock plastic bag.
- Add the parmesan cheese and continue to blend the remaining dressing until well blended.
- Pour the unused dressing into a mason jar and refrigerate before using.
- Add the salmon to the shallow dish or plastic bag with the marinade and marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Discard marinade after use.
For the Salad
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a skillet or on grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Remove salmon from the marinade.
- Sear salmon on both sides until cooked to your liking.
- While salmon is cooking, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large serving bowl.
- Evenly distribute salad on plates and add salmon filets to the top of the salad.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
- Sprinkle with extra grated parmesan cheese
- Add freshly ground black pepper
- Serve with lemon wedges.