Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Noodles Soup is an American classic!! And this rich and flavorful Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is an easy one to make! Your whole family will love it.
This is an easy homemade chicken noodle soup recipe that I’ve made for years. It’s wonderfully simple, cozy, comfy, rich and nourishing. And it is the one and only soup that I’m in the mood for when I’m feeling under the weather.
Homemade chicken noodle soup is one of those all-American recipes that most people love…and there’s nothing better than a cup of piping hot chicken noodle soup to warm you to your toes when the weather turns chilly. To me, there’s nothing better than a pot of rich and flavorful soup simmering on the stove. And if it involves noodles…. even better!
CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP INGREDIENTS LIST
- Chicken thighs
- Fresh Herbs (thyme and parsley)
- Bay Leaves
- Chicken broth
- Egg Noodles
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
This homemade chicken noodle soup with egg noodles comes together in about an hour start-to-finish. We make our own chicken stock with this recipe, so it takes a little longer, but well worth it.
- Brown Chicken: Heat oil in large stockpot and brown chicken on both sides.
- Toss in onion, carrot, garlic, and celery: Add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery and cook.
- Add chicken broth and herbs: Pour in chicken broth and water. Add thyme, parsley and bay leaf.
- Simmer: Simmer for 1 hour
- Cook noodles: While stock is simmering, cook noodles until al dente and set aside.
- Strain broth: Remove chicken pieces and strain broth through fine mesh strainer.
- Saute vegetables: Saute onion, carrots and celery
- Pour in chicken broth: Bring chicken broth to a simmer.
- Add chicken and noodles: Add chopped chopped chicken, cooked noodles and parsley.
EASY CHICKEN SOUP RECIPES
- Mexican Chicken Posole
- Roasted Garlic Chicken Soup
- White Bean Chicken Chili
- Immune Boosting Chicken Soup
- Spring Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Udon Soup
Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
This is an easy homemade chicken noodle soup recipe that I've made for years. It's wonderfully simple, cozy, comfy, rich and nourishing. And it is the one and only soup that I'm in the mood for when I'm feeling under the weather.
For the Stock
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 celery ribs, strings removed and chopped
- 1 bouquet garni (bay leaf, 3 fresh thyme sprigs, and 3 fresh Italian parsley sprigs)
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups purified water
For the Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, strings removed and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 ounces fine egg noodles, cooked
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil in a large stockpot. Brown the chicken pieces in the pot.
- Add the onion, carrot, garlic, and celery, and cook over low heat for approximately 15-18 minutes.
- Pour 1 quart of chicken stock and 2 cups distilled water to the chicken.
- Add the bouquet garni, and simmer, covered for 30-45 minutes over medium-low heat, or until the chicken thighs are tender and the meat starts to fall from the bone.
- Strain the stock through a fine strainer into a bowl and skim off any excess fat. Reserve the chicken and let cool before removing the meat from the bones.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Saute for approximately 5 minutes, then pour in the stock.
- Bring to a boil then add the chopped chicken, cooked noodles, thyme and parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 883Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 39gCholesterol: 435mgSodium: 1211mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 86g