Easy Coconut Curry Vegetables and Beans
This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Coconut Curry Vegetables and Beans is a delicious mix of vegetables simmered in a silky coconut curry sauce. Great served as a side dish with rice or quinoa and grilled chicken or you can serve it as a vegan main.
This vegetable stew recipe is a richly flavored mix of vegetables and soft buttery cannellini beans simmered in a simple curry sauce.
Yield: 4 servings
Coconut Curry Veggies and Beans
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup broccoli florettes
- 1 cup lacinato kale, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 14-ounce cans coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 4 tablespoons hemp seeds
- fresh cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add the onions, broccoli, kale, carrots, red peppers and sauté over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Add garlic and cook another minute or so until garlic is fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, red curry paste, lime juice, curry powder and beans.
- Add the beans and continue to cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until the beans are heated through.
- Serve warm over rice or quinoa and top with almonds, hemp seeds and cilantro.