Chocolate Covered Almond Butter Bites
Chocolate Covered Almond Butter Bites (also called energy bites) are creamy and caramel-like in the center and deliciously chocolatey on the outside. These no bake energy bites are made with dates, almond butter, roasted almonds, pure vanilla extract, dark chocolate and a wee bit of coconut oil. This is one of my favorite healthy snacks to make!
These energy bites with dates are creamy and crunchy and naturally sweetened with dates. These delicious almond butter bars are sure to become one of your favorite healthy snacks to make!
This energy bites recipe is an easy one to make. They’re made with dates, almond butter, roasted almonds and a little coconut oil. You can cut these into almond butter bars instead of into bite size squares like I’ve done. And you can also roll these energy bites into balls and then dip them in chocolate. If you’re looking for healthy snacks to make, it doesn’t get much better than this!! These almond butter snacks are completely addictive!
Energy Bites Recipe
- Medjool dates (about 15 dates)
- Creamy almond butter
- Pure-vanilla extract
- Rice syrup (or water)
- Sea salt
- Roasted almonds
- Dark chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
How to Make Energy Bites
- Blend Dates. Add the dates to a food processor and process for a few minutes to process into a paste, adding ricy syrup (or water), vanilla and salt.
- Process almond butter. Add the almond butter to the date mixture and process until ingredients are well blended.
- Add chopped nuts. Turn the processor off and stir in the chopped roasted almonds.
- Form mixture. Spread the mixture out into a prepared pan and form into an even rectangle shape of about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Freeze. Place pan in the freezer and freeze for about 30 – 45 minutes or until the bar has set.
- Cut into bars or bites. Remove from freezer and cut into approximately 24 bite-size pieces or 12 bars.
- Store. You’ll want to store these in the refrigerator so they hold their shape.
For the Dark Chocolate Sauce
- Melt chocolate. Heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small sauce pan over a double broiler. Stir until the chips have completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Dip energy bites. Dip each energy bite or bar in the chocolate and set on a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat.
- Refrigerate. Place the chocolate covered bites either in the freezer for about 10 minutes to set, or set them in the refrigerator for 30 – 45 minutes to set.
- Only drizzle the bites with chocolate
- Dip only the bottom of the bites in chocolate
- Leave the bites plain without any chocolate at all
- Use peanut butter instead of almond butter
- Use walnuts or pecans instead of almonds
- Use this recipe for Homemade Almond Butter to make these bites with (it’s the best homemade almond butter recipe!)
Why We Love These Energy Bites
- They’re creamy and caramel-like on the inside
- Loaded with deliciously crunchy roasted almonds (rich with Vitamin E and magnesium)
- Super easy to make
- Naturally sweetened with dates (which are a rich source of zinc, potassium, magnesium, and iron)
- Dipped in chocolate (dark chocolate is a rich source of antioxidants)
- Perfect mid-afternoon energizing snack
- They’re even better made with homemade almond butter
More Healthy Snacks to Make
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Coconut Bites
- No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Bark
- Dark Chocolate Antioxidant Bark
- Raw Brownie Bites
- Coconut Peanut Butter Fudge
- Trail Mix Energy Bites
- Raw Banana Donut Holes
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
- Quinoa Power Bites
- Raw Chocolate Nut Bars
- 1 cup packed pitted medjool dates (about 15 dates)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 teaspoons pure-vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water or rice syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups roasted almonds, finely chopped
For the Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Line a loaf pan or an 8 x 8 cake pan with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with coconut spray.
- Add the dates to a food processor and process for a few minutes to process into a paste.
- With the processor running, add the water or rice syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Add the almond butter
- Process for about a minute or until the ingredients are blended.
- Turn the processor off and stir in the chopped roasted almonds.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and spread out. Form into an even rectangle shape of about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place in the freezer and freeze for about 30 - 45 minutes or until the bar has set.
- Remove from freezer and cut into approximately 24 bite-size pieces.
FOR THE DARK CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- Heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small sauce pan over a double broiler. Stir until the chips have completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Dip each piece of energy bite/candy in the chocolate and set on a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat.
- Place the chocolate covered bites either in the freezer for about 10 minutes to set, or set them in the refrigerator for 30 - 45 minutes to set.
- Store in refrigerator
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.