Chocolate Covered Almond Butter Bites
These Chocolate Covered Almond Butter Bites are creamy and caramel-like in the center and deliciously chocolatey on the outside. These no bake energy bites are made with dates, almond butter, roasted almonds, pure vanilla extract, dark chocolate and a wee bit of coconut oil.
These energy bites with dates are completely habit-forming. They’re creamy and crunchy and naturally sweetened with dates. Whether dipped in chocolate, drizzled with chocolate or left pain, these delicious energy bites are sure to be a hit with your entire family.
ALMOND BUTTER SNACKS
This energy bites recipe is an easy one to make. They’re made with dates, almond butter and roasted almonds. I use very little coconut oil in this recipe because I didn’t want the flavor of coconut to dominate things, so it’s best to store them in the refrigerator. If you prefer, you can roll these energy bites into balls rather than cut them into squares, but I personally like the look of squares better. These almond butter snacks are so delicious!! They’re a new favorite of mine to make.
- Dip the bites completely in chocolate
- Only drizzle the bites with chocolate
- Dip only the bottom of the bites in chocolate
- Leave the bites plain without any chocolate at all
- Use peanut butter instead of almond butter
- Use walnuts instead of almonds
- Use raw nuts instead of roasted (but roasted gives these bites such a good flavor)
- Roll them into balls instead of cutting them into bites
- Use this recipe for Homemade Almond Butter to make these bites with (it’s the best homemade almond butter recipe!)
WHY WE LOVE THESE ENERGY BITES
- They’re creamy and caramel-like on the inside
- They’re loaded with deliciously crunchy roasted almonds
- They’re easy to make
- They’re nutritious
- They’re naturally sweetened with dates
- Dates are a rich source of zinc, potassium, magnesium, and iron
- Almonds are rich with Vitamin E and magnesium
- Dark chocolate is a rich source of antioxidants
- They’re a perfect mid-afternoon energizing snack
- They’re even better made with homemade almond butter
MORE HEALTHY DESSERT RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Coconut Bites
- No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Bark
- Dark Chocolate Antioxidant Bark
- Raw Brownie Bites
- Coconut Peanut Butter Fudge
- Trail Mix Energy Bites
- Raw Banana Donut Holes
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cups
- Quinoa Power Bites
- Raw Chocolate Nut Bars
- 1 cup packed pitted medjool dates (about 15 dates)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 teaspoons pure-vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water or rice syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups roasted almonds, finely chopped
- For the Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Line a loaf pan or an 8 x 8 cake pan with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with coconut spray.
- Add the dates to a food processor and process for a few minutes to process into a paste.
- With the processor running, add the water or rice syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Add the almond butter
- Process for about a minute or until the ingredients are blended.
- Turn the processor off and stir in the chopped roasted almonds.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and spread out. Form into an even rectangle shape of about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place in the freezer and freeze for about 30 - 45 minutes or until the bar has set.
- Remove from freezer and cut into approximately 24 bite-size pieces.
FOR THE DARK CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- Heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small sauce pan over a double broiler. Stir until the chips have completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Dip each piece of energy bite/candy in the chocolate and set on a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat.
- Place the chocolate covered bites either in the freezer for about 10 minutes to set, or set them in the refrigerator for 30 - 45 minutes to set.
- Store in refrigerator