No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars make a wholesome snack or healthy dessert! They’re made with dark chocolate, peanut butter, old fashioned oats, coconut oil, coconut, raisins and lots of walnuts. These healthy chocolate snacks are one of my favorite no bake recipes to make!
These No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars are vegan, gluten-free and completely addictive! Your whole family will love them!
I love easy no bake recipes like this! These healthy chocolate snacks are creamy and crunchy and loaded with wholesome ingredients and nutritional perks.
Chocolate Oat Bars Recipe
- Peanut butter
- Honey or rice syrup
- Shredded coconut
- Gluten-free old fashioned oats (also called rolled oats)
- Walnuts or pecans
- Bittersweet chocolate, chopped (use no less than70% cocoa)
- Pure vanilla extract
- Fleur de Sel (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Oat Bars
This is one of the easiest no bake recipes to make! They come together in about 10 minutes, but then they need to set in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- Prepare pan. Line an 8 x 10 baking pan with parchment and spray the parchment with coconut oil (you’ll be able to grab hold of the ends of the paper to lift the chocolate out of the pan after its hardened).
- Melt dark chocolate and peanut butter together. Melt the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the chocolate. Stir frequently until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir in the vanilla, old fashioned oats, coconut, raisins and half of the nuts.
- Spread into pan. Pour mixture into your prepared pan and top with the remaining nuts.
- Refrigerate. Place in the refrigerator to set for about 2 hours.
- Cut into squares. Remove from pan (lifting edges of parchment paper) and cut into about 24 squares.
- Sprinkle with salt. Sprinkle with Fleur de Sel if you like salty-sweet.
- Storage. Keep stored in air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
These No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars are a great healthy, not-too-sweet treat to have in the fridge when you’re in the mood for a chocolate fix. They come together on the stovetop in just minutes, but they need to sit in the fridge for an hour or two to completely set. Well worth the wait!! This just may become one of your favorite no bake recipes to make!
Let’s unpack the nutritional reasons to make these No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars….just in case you need some convincing.
Dark Chocolate Health Benefits
- Dark chocolate contains powerful antioxidants which may help to improve blood flow, lower blood pressure, increase HDL (good cholesterol) and lower LDL (bad cholesterol).
- The flavanols found in dark chocolate dilates blood vessels, allowing more oxygen and blood to reach key areas of the brain, which can help you ward off the afternoon sleepiness.
Health Benefits of Oats
- Oats contain a specific type of fiber known as beta-glucan. Beta-glucan helps to lower LDL cholesterol levels and to stabilize blood sugar.
- They also contain polyphenols which play a role in lowering cholesterol and blood pressure, improving arterial flexibility and preventing platelet clumping.
Health Benefits of Walnuts
- Walnuts are rich with with antioxidants, which help protect your body from cellular damage, heart disease, cancer, and premature aging. They are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, folate and melatonin.
- I garnished this batch with pecans because they look prettier than walnuts in photos. For the recipe – use either walnuts or pecans. Whichever you prefer.
No Bake Recipes
More Healthy Dessert Recipes
No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
These No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars make a wholesome snack or healthy dessert! They're vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free. Your whole family will love them!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey or rice syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 cups gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (or use pecans)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/4 cups bittersweet chocolate, chopped (use no less than70% cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Fleur de Sel (optional)
- Line an 8 x 10 baking pan with parchment and spray the parchment with coconut oil (you'll be able to grab hold of the ends of the paper to lift the chocolate out of the pan after its hardened).
- Melt the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the chocolate. Stir frequently until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the vanilla, oats, coconut, raisins and half of the nuts.
- Pour into your prepared pan and top with the remaining nuts.
- Slightly press the remaining nuts into the chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool. After the mixture has hardened completely (after 2 hours or so), remove from the pan and cut into squares.
- Sprinkle with Fleur de Sel if you like salty-sweet.
- Keep stored in air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 8g
theharvestkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate information, however, this nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. The nutritional information provided comes from online sources and calculations.