This Mango Salsa features sweet juicy and antioxidant-rich mangoes, cilantro, red pepper, cucumber, red onion and lime juice. It’s ideal served with grilled chicken and fish during warm summer months.
This fresh mango salsa is deliciously fresh and summery and it’s mild in flavor since we haven’t added any jalapeno to the mix.
Whaaat???? No jalapeno??? Nope! You can add it if you must (your house – your rules), but I haven’t added any jalapeno to this fresh mango salsa recipe, because this is how I make it most of the time. I typically want a refreshing pop of flavor, rather than the surprise bite of heat. The first time I made this tropical salsa, I made a large vat of it because I was having company for dinner. I was serving it with sea bass. It’s so good with sea bass! As we sat around the table after we had finished with our meal, we polished off the fruit salsa by the spoonfuls like it was dessert.
MANGO SALSA RECIPE
This easy homemade mango salsa is a delicious mix of fresh organic produce.
- 2 cups fresh mango, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 2-3tablespoons red onion, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE MANGO SALSA
This mango salsa comes together in about 5 minutes. It’s best if allowed 5-10 minutes to chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- Add all of the ingredients except the lime juice to a medium size bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the ingredients and toss to combine.
The cucumber is a great add to this salsa. It gives it a nice crispy crunch, not to mention the added antioxidant and detox perks.