Vegan Strawberry Cacao Nibs Smoothie
This Vegan Strawberry Cacao Nibs Smoothie is rich and creamy and tastes as decadent as dessert.
Who doesn’t love a good healthy strawberry smoothie?! Well, this healthy strawberry cacao nibs smoothie recipe is made with frozen organic strawberries and hemp seed milk. The added antioxidant rich cacao nibs in this dairy free smoothie recipe will remind you of the taste of chocolate covered strawberries. Win!
I love absolutely everything about this healthy strawberry cacao nibs smoothie recipe!! It’s one of my favorites!!
Cacao Nibs Smoothie Recipe
- Vegan milk – We use unsweetened oat milk or hemp milk for this recipe.
- Strawberries – You can use either fresh or frozen strawberries for this smoothie. I like to use frozen because it makes the smoothie colder and creamier.
- Cacao Nibs – These add so much flavor to the smoothie. Cacao Nibs are the purest form of chocolate you can consume. Cacao is an excellent source of antioxidants and magnesium.
- Honey – If you need to add a little sweetness to the mix, use a little bit of honey (I like clover honey).
- Pure Vanilla Extract – Adding vanilla extract to this smoothie makes it taste like a decadent dessert.
How to Make Vegan Strawberry Cacao Nibs Smoothie
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for just a minute or two until the consistency is smooth and creamy.
Favorite Vegan Milk Choices
I typically use one of these vegan milks for this smoothie. My preference is hemp or oat. And I love how soft my skin feels when I drink hemp milk.
- Almond Milk: One cup of unsweetened almond milk contains 30 calories, 2.5 grams of fat, and 1 gram each of protein, carbohydrate and fiber.
- Cashew Milk: One cup of unsweetened cashew milk contains 25 calories, 2 grams of fat, 0 grams of fiber, and 1 gram each of protein and carbohydrate.
- Hemp Milk: One cup of unsweetened hemp milk contains 70 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 3 grams of protein. Hemp is loaded with vitamins minerals and essential fatty acids. It contains the perfect 1:3 balance of Omega-6 to Omega 3, which the body needs for good skin health, energy production, nervous system function, and immune system support. Studies have shown that Omega 3 is a good anti-inflammatory – it’s also good for lowering blood pressure, bad cholesterol, and triglycerides. Hemp is also a rich source of easily digestible protein, and it contains all of the essential amino acids which are the building blocks of protein.
- Oat Milk: One cup of unsweetened oat milk contains 130 calories, 15 grams of carbohydrates, 2.5 grams of fat, 2 grams fiber and 4 grams of protein.
What Are Cacao Nibs
Cacao Nibs are the purest form of chocolate you can consume. Cacao is an excellent source of antioxidants and magnesium.
Looking for More Smoothie Recipes
- Chocolate Cherry Oat Smoothie
- Acai Bowl
- Pitaya Bowl
- Oatmeal Smoothie
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Cranberry Orange Smoothie
- Cocoa Banana Smoothie
- 2 cups plain unsweetened nut milk or hemp milk (cashew milk, hemp milk, almond or oat milk)
- 1-1/2 cups organic frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 2 teaspoons clover honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut or fresh coconut meat (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or a Nutri Bullet and blend for just a minute or two until everything is well blended.