Macaroni Salad with Ham and Cheese
This Macaroni Salad with Ham and Cheese is a summertime classic. It’s perfect for pot lucks, picnics and backyard barbecues!
This Easy Macaroni Salad is made with macaroni noodles, celery, some cheese, deli ham and green onion and comes together in about 30 minutes.
EASY MACARONI SALAD RECIPE
- 4 cups cooked macaroni
- 1/2 pound cooked deli ham, cut into small pieces (I like black forest ham the best)
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 4 to 6 whole pepperoncini, seeded and minced (start out with 4 and add more for desired spice)
- 3/4 cup real mayonnaise (I like Best Foods)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white pepper (I typically add 2 teaspoons, but would rather you start with a little less, then add more as you prefer)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
HOW TO MAKE MACARONI SALAD
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, milk, white pepper, and onion powder.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients and toss well.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the ingredients and fold in to incorporate well.
- Add a tablespoon or two more of mayo and milk for desired consistency
- Chill before serving