Grilled Salmon with Citrus Salsa
This Grilled Salmon with Citrus Salsa is a wonderfully simple, healthy and delicious recipe to pull together. The salmon is brushed with a touch of olive oil and honey which gives it a slightly glazed coating and delicate flavor. And…the bold flavor of this citrus salsa compliments the salmon nicely.
When purchasing salmon – you’ll want to look for wild-caught and stay clear of the farm-raised. Wild caught salmon offers a number of health benefits, including cardio protection, improved mood and cognition, joint protection, and the omegas in salmon have been associated with decreased risk of two eye-related problems: macular degeneration and chronic dry eye.
Intake of fish rich in omega-3 fat is also associated with decreased risk for several types of cancer (colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, and breast cancer). Cancer risk studies show marked benefits when omega-3 fish are consumed at least once a week. Salmon is also a good source of protein and selenium.
- 2 large oranges, peel discarded and flesh coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 salmon filets (approximately 4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons honey clove honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the Salsa
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl and toss well.
- Refrigerate before use.
For the Salmon
- Mix together the honey and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Brush the salmon with the honey and olive oil mixture and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side depending on thickness.
- Serve with Citrus Salsa