Trail Mix Energy BitesYum
At first bite, these all-natural no-bake completely-addicting Trail Mix Energy Bites will remind you of chocolate chip cookie dough. Seriously! The combination of flavors – vanilla, walnuts, almonds and dates makes them so completely addicting, that you’ll forget they’re good for you.
At first bite – I bet you’ll be completely hooked on them like I was!
These energy bites are a new favorite of mine. I’ve made several batches of them over the last couple of weeks, but I end up eating half of the “dough” before they’re ever rolled and sculpted into these cute little bite-sized morsels.
Loaded with fiber, protein and minerals, these little gems are perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up. Much better for you than a stale bag of chips from the vending machine at work.
I keep a container of these in my refrigerator for those impulsive moments when I feel like snacking. For me, my gradual change to a healthier diet has been about preparation.
If I keep healthy snacks, drinks and meals prepared – then I eat healthier. But it requires a little bit of discipline. For me, eating junk-food is really about laziness. But I always always always feel better and have more energy when I eat well.
Trail Mix Energy Bites
Yield: 12 servings
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Medjool dates (about 10 dates)
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon organic raisins
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Combine the almonds in the food processor and process into fine pieces.
- Add the walnuts and cinnamon and process until the nuts are finely ground.
- Add the dates, raisins, sunflower seeds and vanilla extract.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls (about 2 teaspoons each)
- Place the balls in a container and store in the refrigerator.