Thai Lettuce WrapsYum
This post is brought to you by Blue Diamond Almonds.
I have made these Thai Lettuce Wraps three times in the past two weeks. Well, actually it’s the past 10 days…but who’s counting? The first time was a trial run…the second time was for company….and the third time was just for me.
Because I didn’t get my fill the second time around!
These Thai Lettuce Wraps have a really great combo of flavors going for them…. and they are so easy to make. Win-win! I made a simple coconut peanut sauce to go with them, but, honestly, you don’t have to bother. The mango adds a nice touch of sweetness while the Sriracha Almonds add a touch of spice. You’ll want to be sure to add these Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds to these lettuce wraps….because they are the icing on the cake here!!
This Bold Sriracha is a new flavor for Blue Diamond Almonds – and honestly I think it’s my favorite. I was watching a movie one night, and before I knew it – I had practically devoured an entire can. They’re completely addicting!
These Thai Lettuce Wraps work great as an appetizer and they’re perfect for a light and healthy summer dinner when the weather turns toasty.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Blue Diamond Almonds. All opinions are my own! Thank you for continuing to support the brands that help make this site possible!
Thai Lettuce Wraps
Yield: 4 - 6 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup cilantro, cut into short sprigs
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds, chopped
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Add the chopped mango, red pepper, green onion and lime juice to a small bowl and toss. Set aside.
- Season chicken with garlic and sesame oil.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok.
- Add the chicken mixture and cook until lightly brown.
- Add the onion, molasses, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger and Sriracha. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Add the chestnuts and green onions and cook for another 1 - 2 minutes.
- Spoon 2 - 3 heaping tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf.
- Garnish with shredded carrot, cilantro springs, mango salsa, and Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds.
- Serve with Peanut Sauce (optional).
For the Peanut Sauce
- Add the ingredients to a small bowl and stir to blend well. Serve at room temperature.