Summer Peach Ice CubesYum
Stay cool all summer long with these Summer Peach Ice Cubes. Instead of using plain water ice cubes, these peach ice cubes will transform your favorite iced tea into a delicious summer sun-kissed drink.
These Summer Peach Ice Cubes scream of summer and they add a delicious pop of flavor to your favorite iced tea. You can use fresh peaches when they’re juicy and ripe in season, but frozen organic peaches work just as well.
Fruit flavored ice cubes are like bling for your drink. They add a pop of color, flavor and a host of nutritional benefits to each glass. As the cubes melt, they add luscious summery hits of flavor. Pure bliss! The great thing about these fruit flavored ice cubes is they’re a cinch to make. You can use either fresh or frozen peaches (just be sure to use organic).
But in the summer when peaches are fresh, fragrant, and ripe, you need to enjoy them as much as you can, and this is a really great way to enjoy them!
Whether you are sitting by the pool catching some rays, chillin in the shade, or have your face firmly planted in front of a tornado-blowing fan trying to stay cool, having a tall glass of iced tea with these Summer Peach Ice Cubes is certain to hit the spot. My AC broke down on me over the weekend – so I know a thing or two about face-planting in front of a fan! I’ve got to get the thing fixed before the weather turns Texas!This simple recipe will likely become a summertime tradition for your family. Peach iced tea is a hit with everyone – from 8 to 80. So you’re not a peach fan…hmmm… then use mangoes instead!! They’re just as tasty!!
Summer Peace Ice Cubes
Yield: 2 dozen ice cubes (2 trays)
Total Time: 5 minutes plus time to freeze
- 4 cups sliced ripe or frozen peaches, peeled and pit removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh ginger juice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons clover honey (optional - depending on desired sweetness)
- 1/3 to 1/2 water to help blend
- Add the peaches, lemon juice, ginger juice and honey to a blender. As the blender is running, slowly add just enough water to make the consistency smooth (but not watered down).
- For the fresh ginger juice, grate fresh peeled ginger, then squeeze the juice from it using your fingers.
- Spoon the blended peach mixture into ice cube trays.