Nectarines and Arugula with BurrataYum
Nectarines and Arugula with Burrata makes for a really great and easy appetizer to serve on a warm summer day while you’re enjoying the company of good friends. This is a favorite appetizer of mine. Not only is it delicious – but it makes a really pretty presentation.
I devoured a good portion of what you see here for lunch after the last photo for this post was taken, so you’re not limited to just serving this as an appetizer. And you don’t need to wait for company to come over before you make this tasty ensemble.
I’ve been going through a lot of organic nectarines lately that I picked up at Mother’s Market. They’re so deliciously sweet and juicy. Nectarines pair really nicely with the peppery flavor of arugula. If you’ve never made this appetizer before, trust me…you’re really going to want to give this a try. It’s perfect for summer!
I love this kind of food. Simple. Tasty. Nutritious. And so pretty!
I’ll typically use a La Brea Bakery baguette to make crostini with to serve with this dish, but Gelson’s was out – so I used a baguette from Trader Joes.
I hope you love this summer appetizer of Nectarines and Arugula with Burrata as much as I do!
Nectarines and Arugula with Burrata Appetizer
Yield: 6 - 8 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1-1/2 - 2 cups baby arugula
- 2-3 nectarines, sliced and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 ball (1/2 pound) burrata cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Baguette
- Arrange the arugula on a large serving dish.
- Place the burrata in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the burrata.
- Layer the nectarines, arugula, and burrata cheese on the pices of toasted baguette (crostini) and drizzle with a touch of extra virgin olive oil.