Low Fat Artichoke DipYum
One of my favorite things about the holiday season is …grazing food. I love the dips and chips and cheese and crackers and nuts….and…well, you get the idea. Christmas Eve we typically have a fire crackling in the fireplace, Christmas carols playing softly in the background, the tree is lit up…well, like a Christmas tree should be….and the most impressive spread of …. .dips and chips and cheese and crackers and nuts is displayed on the coffee table. This Low Fat Artichoke Dip is a favorite of mine. It’s made with Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt in lieu of sour cream and/or mayo. Greek Yogurt is a great source of protein, calcium, potassium, vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin B12, and riboflavin, so you can enjoy this heart-friendly dip without any guilt and without having to spend any extra time at the gym.
I’ve photographed this Low Fat Artichoke Dip with a baguette (from La Brea Bakery) – but truth-be-told, my favorite way to eat this artichoke dip is with is with a box of Triscuits (low-fat and low-sodium). Triscuits really bring out the incredible combo of flavors going on in this delicious dip (artichokes, garlic, green onion, water chestnuts, Parmesan cheese).
Chobani Yogurt is our favorite pick for Greek Yogurt. For other great recipes starring this great, healthy yogurt – be sure to check out the Chobani website HERE .
This Low Fat Artichoke Dip is sure to be a hit with your favorite people in your life. Enjoy!
Chobani contacted me and asked me to contribute this post to the #MadeWithChobaniProject. All opinions are my own.
~ xo Deb
Lowfat Artichoke Dip
Yield: 6 - 8 servings
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 green onions, sliced (green and light green parts only)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 8 ounce carton of plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 8 ounce can of water chestnuts, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium low heat. Add the olive oil. Add the garlic and green onions to the oil and cook over medium low heat for just a minute or two or until the garlic and green onions begin to soften.
- Add the artichoke hearts and cook for another 3 - 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the cream cheese and Greek yogurt to a food processor. Blend until well incorporated.
- Add the artichoke mixture to the cream cheese mixture and pulse a few times.
- Add the water chestnuts and Parmesan cheese and pulse a few more times until smooth. The dip will have little bits of water chestnuts in it so it won't be perfectly smooth.