Lemon Energy BitesYum
Last week totally got away from me….I was slammed at work and the week was over in a blink. The recipes that I have planned to share this week will be on the easy side…..with few ingredients and won’t cause a fuss in the kitchen. Promise! These Lemon Energy Bites are super easy to make – totally healthy – completely delicious – and utterly addicting!
If you’ve been reading along for awhile now – you know that I love lemons – especially Meyer Lemons! And these cookies used to be one of my favorites (back when I was still eating flour, sugar and butter), but these healthy energy bites do the trick when I’m needing a slightly sweet lemon fix!
These energy bites are made out of raw cashews, almond meal, hemp seeds (you can use sesame or chia seeds if you prefer) a wee bit of honey and some lovely lemon juice and zest to give these Lemon Energy Bites their delicate lemony flavor.
I garnished these bites with a few coconut shavings but sometimes I don’t bother.
You’ll want to keep these stored in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. These Lemon Energy Bites are a great healthy snack to have on hand, especially for a mid-afternoon energy boost
Lemon Energy Bites
Yield: 6 - 8
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (sesame or chia will work)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- shaved coconut for garnish (optional)
- Place the cashews in a food processor and pulse until ground into meal.
- Add the hemp seeds and pulse until incorporated.
- Add the almond flour.
- While the motor is running, add the lemon zest, juice and honey.
- Process until dough forms into a ball.
- Roll the dough into 1" balls.
- Garnish with coconut shavings.