Honey Roasted Almond ButterYum
This Honey Roasted Almond Butter is hands-down the best almond butter I’ve ever had!! I love the silky, creamy texture so much so that I lost count of how many spoonfuls I “taste-tested” after I made it. It tastes much fresher than any store-bought brand, and I love the hint of honey sweetness to it. If you love honey-roasted almonds, you’re going to absolutely love this almond butter!
Heart friendly, cholesterol-lowering almonds are high in monounsaturated fats, the same type of healthy fats that are found in olive oil, which has been associated with a lowered risk of heart disease.
Almonds are also a good source of Vitamin E (an antioxidant), magnesium and potassium. Magnesium helps veins and arteries relax which improves the flow of blood, oxygen and nutrients throughout our bodies. A deficiency of magnesium can be associated with heart attack. Potassium is important for balancing electrolytes and nerve transmission, and it’s important for maintaining normal blood pressure.
Almonds are also a significant source of protein and fiber. Of all tree nuts, almonds rank the highest in protein and fiber. Eating just a fistful of almonds a day is a good way to incorporate many of these important nutrients into your diet.
So besides being completely addicting – this Honey Roasted Almond Butter packs a big nutritional punch.
Honey Roasted Almond Butter
Yield: 8 - 10 servings
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 cups raw almonds (1 pound) Blue Diamond Almonds
- 3 tablespoons honey (plus more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (plus more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk the honey and coconut oil in a large mixing bowl. Add the almonds and toss to evenly coat well.
- Spread the almonds and honey mixture on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Pour the almonds and honey mixture into a food processor. Process for 10 to 20 minutes or until the mixture is smooth. Stop the processor every few minutes to scrape down the sides. Toward the end of blending, add up to a teaspoon of coconut oil if mixture is too dry. Add a little more honey for desired sweetness.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.