Gluten Free Raspberry MuffinsYum
My family loves these Gluten Free Raspberry Muffins. We love these healthier muffins for breakfast….and we love them for dessert piping hot from the oven with a scoop of Haagen Dazs frozen vanilla yogurt melting on the top.
We love these Gluten Free Raspberry Muffins because they’re not too sweet….
they’re light and moist….
they have a delicate nutty flavor…
and they’re loaded with fresh raspberries.
It’s impossible to eat just one!
Last Sunday, I made a Pumpkin Tart with orange scented crust and walnut streusel and bourbon whipped cream to post for a Thanksgiving dessert. It didn’t get posted because I lost the daylight so I didn’t get good photos to share. The reason that I lost the daylight was because I had learned that Pacific Marine Mammal Center in Laguna Beach was in need of unflavored Pedialyte for a handful of precious patients that they had recently rescued. So… I thought I would quickly run out to the store to pick up 20 bottles… then hurry home to take the photos of the tart.
Well….the “quick” run to the store turned into an almost 2 hour mission to hunt down and locate 20 bottles of unflavored Pedialyte. Like a dog with a bone, I was not quitting until I rounded up ALL 20 bottles that I had set my mind on.
So….no tart photos….no tart post.
But it was for a good cause!
The people who volunteer their time at Pacific Marine Mammal Center are amazing, hard-working, dedicated and caring people. There’s a lot of reward in what they do…but there is also heartache. I used to volunteer there, so I saw first hand just how dedicated and amazing these people are. Let’s just say that I used to go home crying…. a lot (even when they rehabilitated the mammals and released them back into the ocean…. and that was a good thing).
If you live near the ocean…remember to always cut the plastic holder that comes around your 6-pack of sodas into little pieces before throwing it into the trash. Believe it or not…this plastic finds it’s way into the ocean and gets wrapped around the necks of the seals, sea lions, and otters when they’re little….causing injury and life-threatening problems for them as they grow and that plastic is still wrapped around their necks. Also…if you live near the ocean…it’s not good to release helium balloons into the sky. The deflated balloons find their way into the ocean which can be ingested by the mammals…which can block their digestion system.
We need to be good stewards of our ocean….it’s the only one we have.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
I hope you love these incredible Gluten Free Raspberry Muffins as much as my family does!!! This is a quick and easy raspberry muffin recipe!!
Gluten Free Raspberry Muffins
Yield: 6 servings
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup hazelnut flour
- 1/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon clover honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large egg whites
- 24-30 raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 6 standard muffin cups with paper liners. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the almond meal and the hazelnut flour on the baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, using a whisk combine the toasted almond meal and hazelnut flour, ricotta cheese, salt, and honey.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and cook over medium heat until the butter melts.
- Add the vanilla and stir well.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Beat the egg whites into the dry ingredients.
- Add the melted butter mixture in 3 portions, mix well after each addition.
- Gently fold the raspberries into the batter. Reserve a few raspberries to add to the top of the muffins.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups and top with 3-4 raspberries each, pressing them gently into the batter.
- Bake the muffins for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the muffins are lightly golden.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.