I’ve always like citrus. Meyer lemons being my favorite. When I was a kid – I used to love grapefruits. I’d peel a grapefruit…chop it up…put it in the blender with ice and a little water and make a sweet delicious grapefruit “slushy”.
You’ll typically find several pieces of citrus either sitting in my very large fruit bowl sitting on my kitchen counter or chilling in the fridge. And….my Meyer Lemon trees are in full swing and producing lemons like crazy right now so my fruit bowl is full with ripe lemons.
As for these refreshing Citrus Spritzers …they make for a nice fun change of pace from the good ol faithful orange juice….especially if you’re planning on hosting a special brunch.
Truth-be-told…you get more nutritional bang for your buck when you eat the whole peeled fruit, but there are enough benefits just in the juice itself making citrus juice a worthy drink to serve at breakfast and brunch. If you have a blood sugar issue – then it’s really best to eat the whole peeled fruit (so I’ve read). Make yourself a citrus slushy instead.
I hope each of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday surrounded by the people you love!
Yield: 6 - 8 servings
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 cups freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 cups sparkling mineral water (such as Pellegrino)
- Plenty of ice cubes made from distilled water
- Combine the juices in a large pitcher and stir to blend.
- Add ice cubes to chilled glasses and pour about 1/4 - 1/3 of the glass full of the citrus mixture.
- Pour the sparkling mineral water into the glass and stir with a straw or tall spoon.