Banana Chocolate Chunk Nice CreamYum
If you’re on the lookout for a creamy, luscious, peanut-butter spiked dessert, this Banana Chocolate Chunk Nice Cream is it!! And also, if you’re looking for a useful way to turn those brown freckled bananas (that you’re hesitant in throwing away) into something golden besides your favorite banana bread, again this is it!!
Frozen bananas + peanut butter + chocolate chunks = pure bliss!!! This delicious frozen dessert is all natural and totally healthy so you can eat all you want without an ounce of guilt! There’s not a single drop of dairy in this recipe making it a perfect dessert for vegans! I’ve added a touch of maple syrup to this recipe, but you can easily substitute it with brown rice syrup, honey, or dates, if you’d prefer. And I’ve used just a wee bit of almond milk, but feel free to use hemp, coconut milk, or brown rice milk instead. With warmer weather right around the corner, this easy frozen dessert makes a perfect summer treat!
This mock ice cream is loaded with potassium (thanks to the bananas) which helps keep your blood pressure on the safe side. Dark chocolate is a powerful antioxidant and may improve blood flow, may lower blood pressure and it can help improve cognitive function. As for the peanut butter – it’s a good source of protein, Vitamin E (which is also an antioxidant), magnesium (good for your bones and heart – helping the muscle relax between beats) and Vitamin B6 (important for healthy hair, skin, liver, eyes and it plays an important role in the production of serotonin and dopamine which are needed for nerve communication). Coming up with all wins here!!
The next time you have a few ripe bananas that need to be put to good use…. give this Banana Chocolate Chunk Nice Cream a try. It’s a breeze to make, and the only equipment you’ll need to make it is a food processor!
Banana Chocolate Chunk Nice Cream
Yield: 4 servings
Cook Time: 1-1.2 hours cook time
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3-4 tablespoons almond milk
- 3 - 4 heaping tablespoons natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunk pieces
- Cut the bananas into chunks and place in a zip tight plastic bag and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours, but best if frozen over night.
- Add the frozen banana chunks and almond milk to a food processor and process and pulse until the bananas turn creamy and resemble soft ice cream.
- Add the peanut butter and pulse 2 -3 times to give the peanut butter a swirl.
- Transfer the banana mixture to a large bowl.
- Fold in the vanilla and chocolate chunks.
- Serve immediately as soft serve like ice cream or freeze for 1 - 2 hours in a freezer container for a firmer "ice cream".